Welcome to The Painted Pot, it is just one of the fantastic activities here at the Barnagh Greenway Hub.
Located directly on the Limerick greenway the Hub has a playground, bike hire, crazy golf, toilets, parking and Platform 22 Cafe offering coffee, ice-cream, delicious cakes and food as well as pizza and sweets!
The Painted Pot walk-in studio offers lots of creative, fun activities for visitors of any age and ability and fabulous Parties!!!! Choose from a huge variety of blank pottery pieces to paint with lots of stencils, glaze colours and brushes, you won't be stuck for inspiration! You could also have a go on the potter's wheel creating your very own masterpiece out of clay or make something awesome from scratch!
How does it work?
Choose an item to paint; there is a massive range to choose from, prices vary as do the sizes and options. You can paint anything from a dinosaur to a dinner plate, from a fire engine to a fairy!
Paint your own unique design onto your chosen item using non-toxic* ceramic paints or non firing paints.
Leave your work of art with me to be professionally fired in my kiln. If you chose the non firing paint you can take your art home that day. It can be heated in the oven to seal on the paint-I will give you instructions on how to do that :)
Your items will then be posted out to you when they are ready or you can collect them from the shop.
That's all there is to it! You can be proud that you have created an exclusive, personalised piece of pottery that you can keep forever or give as a gift!
Aprons are provided to help protect clothing.
The glaze that has been fired in kiln is food safe so items are suitable for everyday use.
- Looking for a unique gift Idea? Special keepsakes can be created here too, customise your pottery and make some wonderful presents for grandparents, aunts, uncles or godparents!
- Want a special gift but haven't the time for a session in the studio? Have a chosen piece custom painted at The Painted Pot. Add a name or date completing the unique design.
- Baby hand/footprints or impressions are a fabulous keepsake that can be treasured forever. We can even do Paw prints of your furry family member.
- Community group workshops are also offered with regular holiday, weekend and morning classes hosted for individuals who wish to create a body of work, learn techniques of ceramics and complete bigger projects.
Check out the store for kits you can paint at home and handmade gifts.
- Vouchers are also available to purchase and can be redeemed on all products and services in the Barnagh Greenway Hub.
The Barnagh Greenway Hub offers amazing amenities such as bike hire, crazy golf, playground, and kennels for the dog friendly visitors. Finish your visit with a spot of lunch and enjoy the finest coffee in The Platform 22 Café.